Palermo is an onion
These are the word used by Roberto Alajmo ( journalist) to describe Palermo: you can only discover it by going through the outer layer. You have to reach the heart of the city and only then will you know if the tears cried were of joy or pain. Or both.
Among so many options, we recommend the StrEat Palermo tour, the Palermo NO Mafia tour ( on foot) and the Cuciniera Narrante ( local food sampling).
We have many reasons to believe in them so, we’ll share our thoughts with you:
- We have a high opinion of the quality of their projects
- We were happily surprised by the fact that they took the time and consideration to tell us about their ideas face to face ( instead of sending us a simple e-mail)
- We appreciated and appreciate people who take risks, once, twice, three times, people who believe in investing time and energy in their hometowns, people who fell but got back up on their feet, stronger than ever.
Who are they?
They’re women, young people, men who all share our same idea: Palermo is amazing and the people who live in it are those who make a difference. They are locals, biologically or adopted, who love their city and celebrate in all of its aspects: from street food to traditional cuisine, to creating awareness on the public opinion of the local mafia problem.
So, what are they?
Here they are! Read about them or send us an e-mail if you have any doubts or questions. We’re here to make your Sicilian stay a real experience, a new concept of tourism that’ll allow you to unveil the human aspect of this complex city.
- The StrEat Palermo tour is a walking tour through the main squares and street markets of the city center that allows travellers sample the best Palermitan street food. All sampling stops have been selected to offer travellers the most authentic street food. StrEat Palermo tour isn’t just food! Itineraries are designed to offer travellers a complete overview on the history, arts, food and traditions of Palermo. Streat Palermo tour guides also share with travellers the most intimate secrets of local cuisine and habits. The 3hr summer tour costs 30 euro each person all included (food,wine,dessert, foodie’s passport and tour guide service). NOT FOR CELIAC
- If you are a Soccer fan and you want to enjoy a magic experience at PAlermo soccer stadium, join The Stadium Experience. Get in the Curva with more passionate local supporters! The ticket to the experience costs from 35 to 70 euro depending on the match scheduled. The price includes: match ticket, palermo scarf, drink and snack.
- Palermo NoMafia. A walking tour through places that will give you causes of reflection on the Mafia phenomenon and on the social revolution agains Mafia power. The tour is scheduled every Saturday, the meeting point is piazza Verdi (five minutes walking from our b&b), it lasts 3 hours and it costs 30€. The price includes: Palermo NoMafia guide tour, donation to the association Addiopizzo.
- Corleone: beyond the Mafia. The name of this town is connected to Mafia violence, both historical than of the movies. But the real Corleone is the committed one, working for the redemption of its beauties, among churches, canyons and waterfalls. The tour is upon request and it’s 55€ per person (minimum 2 people). Transportation included upon request. The price includes: guided walking tour in the historical centre, entrance ticket to Laboratorio della Legalità (legality lab), donation to the association Addiopizzo.
- One hundred steps. The guy who dared taking position against the Mafia culture, a symbol of youth restless spirit: in this tour you will retrace the “one hundred steps” that divided his house to Cinisi Mafia boss’ one. The tour is upon request and it’s €60 per person (minimum 2 people). Transporation included upon request. The price includes: One hundred steps guided tour, donation to the associations Addiopizzo and Casa Memoria Felicia e Peppino Impastato.
- On our legs. Between Palermo and Capaci visiting the places linked to the judges Giovanni Falcone e Paolo Borsellino. An invitation to say loudly: No Mafia. The tour is upon request and it’s 55€ per person (minimum 2 people). The price includes: On our legs guided tour, donation to the association Addiopizzo.
How can I book it?
If you already know when you’ll be in Palermo, book your tour in a few simple steps:
- Tell us when you’ll be in Palermo and what you’re interested in doing
- Wait for our reply ( within 36 hours)
- Proceed with payment